It has been a year of heightened energy, movement building, and struggle, and we want to thank you for standing alongside us in strengthening the movement for liberation and self-determination. Critical Resistance has drawn on and amplified the legacy of abolition of the prison industrial complex: a vision and strategy that explicitly challenges the forces of white supremacy, capitalism, and imperialism.
With your support, this year we have:
- carried forward practical and visionary campaigns and projects;
- sent 1,00s of organizing resources across prison walls and learned with comrades inside;
- given over 200 public workshops and presentations on policing, imprisonment, surveillance and abolition to over 2,000 new people.
The demand for abolition is high, and we need you to help us meet the call!
We are aiming to raise $45,000 this month. Can you make a gift of$15, $50, $500, $1,000 or $15,000, to help us win? No amount is too small or too large.
Every gift you make enables us to offer workshops and programming that strengthen our movement and uplifts abolition as a strategic weapon to fight state violence. You can:
- Become a monthly sustainer. Contribute $15, $25, or $50/month online or by check (some workplaces have giving programs!) to keep CR strong.
- Subscribe or donate to The Abolitionist, our bilingual newspaper that we send to imprisoned people for free. Outside subscribers like you sponsor the readership of over 5,000 people inside prisons, jails, and detention centers.
- Spread the word to family and friends and encourage people to support CR.
Keep struggling, keep dreaming! Thank you for throwing down for abolition.