Read the Critical Resistance Oakland report: Betraying the Model City: How Gang Injunctions Fail Oakland.
Visit Stop the Injunctions Coalitions’ Resources page to view flyers, reports, and resources from Oakland’s campaign, as well as resources from struggles in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
General Research and Reports
- ACLU fact sheet on “gang” injunctions
- Betraying the Model City: How Gang Injunctions Fail Oakland from Critical Resistance
- Displacing the Dream: A Report on Bay Area Newspaper Coverage of Development and Gentrification, Youth Media Council
- Gang Wars: The Failure of Enforcement Tactics and the Need for Effective Public Safety Strategies, from the Justice Policy Institute, 2007
- Money Well Spent: How positive social investments will reduce incarceration rates, improve public safety, and promote the well-being of communities, from the Justice Policy Institute, September 2010.
- What you should know about gang injunctions in the Western Addition, an informational report prepared by the Brothers for Change Community Action Team, 2008-2009