WE NEED YOUR HELP
Internships on an ongoing basis throughout the year – including summer internships!
We are seeking interns to support Critical Resistance’s work in the national office based out of Oakland, CA or in our other chapter cities (Portland, LA, New York). This is an ideal internship for someone who is interested in gaining skills such as organizational operations/management, campaigns and organizing, media/communications, fundraising, and social media and web maintenance. We ask interns for a minimum commitment of two months and prefer a work schedule of at least 16 hours per week.
We are specifically seeking interns to work in two areas: Development and Fundraising (including donor management, event support, direct appeals) and The Abolitionist Newspaper (including project management, editing/writing, design).
No financial compensation however we can work with you to meet academic or other internship requirements. Former prisoners, people of color, women, queer and trans/gender-nonconforming people are especially encouraged to apply. Read more and apply.
Primary Work Areas May Include (training provided):
- Media and communications, including web and social media updates
- Grassroots fundraising and basic finances admin
- Contact management and maintenance
- Support grant research
- Campaign support and outreach
- PIC research, archiving, and materials generation
Secondary Work Areas May Include:
- Support national work groups or chapters
- Support on-site planning and logistics for campaigns, events or gatherings
- Conduct campaign outreach and facilitate information sessions
- Support prisoner mail and prisoner participation in CR
- We also ask our interns to be involved in the ongoing administrative work of CR.
If you have a specific idea of a project you’d like to do as an intern with Critical Resistance, we welcome talking with you about it to determine whether it is a good match with the organization’s current work.
Complete the CR Internship Application and send a brief statement of interest and resume to lily @ criticalresistance.org. For more information, please contact our national office at 510.444.0484.
ACCESSIBILITY: CR’s Oakland office is wheelchair accessible via elevator (5th floor) with accessible bathrooms located in the building. Please contact us directly to discuss other accessibility questions or questions about other chapter locations.