Summer 2019 Internships: Deadline for Application March 31, 2019. Apply Today.
We are seeking interns to support Critical Resistance’s (CR) work in the national office based out of Oakland, CA. We may have internships available in chapter cities additionally – please call our national office to inquire. This is an ideal internship for someone who is interested in gaining skills such as organizational operations/management, campaigns and organizing, media/communications, fundraising, and social media and web maintenance. Interns will gain experience in online platforms such Box, WordPress, and Salesforce. We ask interns for a minimum commitment of two months and prefer a work schedule of at least 16 hours per week.
We are specifically seeking interns to work in three areas:
- Development and Fundraising, including donor management, event support, direct appeals
- Media and Communications, specifically social media and The Abolitionist Newspaper (including project management, editing/writing, design)
- Campaigns, including research, outreach, and materials development
- Operations and Administration, including data entry and database management, website support, mailings, and filing
As of now, we cannot offer financial compensation however we can work with you to meet academic, scholarship, or other internship requirements. Former prisoners and their loved ones, survivors of police violence, people of color, women, queer and trans/gender-nonconforming people are especially encouraged to apply. Apply Now
Primary Work Areas May Include (training provided):
- Media and communications, including web and social media updates
- Grassroots fundraising and basic finances admin
- Contact management and maintenance
- Support grant research
- Campaign support and outreach
- Prison Industrial Complex (PIC) research, archiving, and materials generation
Secondary Work Areas May Include:
- Support national work groups or chapters
- Support on-site planning and logistics for campaigns, events or gatherings
- Conduct campaign outreach and facilitate information sessions
- Support prisoner mail and prisoner participation in CR
- We also ask our interns to be involved in the ongoing administrative work of CR.
If you have a specific idea of a project you’d like to do as an intern with Critical Resistance, we welcome talking with you about it to determine whether it is a good match with the organization’s current work.
Complete the CR Internship Application and mail or email to CR alongside a brief statement of interest and resume. For more information, please contact our national office at 510.444.0484.
ACCESSIBILITY: CR’s Oakland office is wheelchair accessible via elevator (5th floor) with accessible bathrooms located in the building. Please contact us directly to discuss other accessibility questions or questions about other chapter locations.