A Critical Resistance Donor Webinar, March 2020
Our friends, family members, and loved ones who are locked up in prisons, jails, and detention centers are facing significant risk as states, local governments, and communities try to fight the spread of COVID-19. This webinar brings together a panel of organizers from across the country to share campaign updates, strategies, and tools in their efforts organizing for decarceration during the COVID-19 pandemic.
LOCAL CAMPAIGNS FOCUSED ON JAIL DECARCERATION
- Amber Akemi Piatt, Human Impact Partners, part of the Audit Ahern Campaign
- Eunisses Hernandez, JusticeLA Coalition
- MK Orsulak and Tifanei Ressl-Moyer, Decarcerate Sacramento
- Kyle Neil, Communities United Against Violence, part of the No New San Francisco Jail Coalition
- Sharlyn Grace, Chicago Community Bond Fund
CAMPAIGNING FOCUSED ON IMPRISONMENT AND SENTENCING
- Amber-Rose Howard, Californians United for a Responsible Budget
- Laura Whitehorn, Release Aging People in Prison
- Andrea James, National Council For Incarcerated & Formerly Incarcerated Women & Girls
DECRIMINALIZATION, JAILS and POLICING
- Anna So and Rory Elliot, Critical Resistance Portland chapter, Care Not Cops PDX
- Lara Kiswani, Arab Resource and Organizing Center
Check out more Critical Resistance Donor Calls & Webinars here.